Belgium 1917: Third Battle of Ypres
Ieper, The Menin Gate
Maps and tips for visiting Ieper (Ypres)
Location: Ieper (Ypres), in the Province of West-Vlaanderen (West Flanders)
Latitude: 50.85128 (50°51'0"N)
Longitude: 2.88419 (2°53'0"E)
- Traffic Webcam in Ieper at km.be (Text in Dutch)
- Information: Nona.net
- Travel and Accommodation maps
- The closest airport is QKT - Kortrijk-vevelgem Wevelgem, located 22.9 km east of Ieper.
- More nearby airports include:
LIL - Lille Lesquin 35.2 km south east
OST - Oostende 38.8 km north
CQF - Calais Dunkerque 66.5 km west
LTQ - Le Tourquet Le Touquet Paris Plage 96.6 km west
- Hotel accommodation nearby: Booking.com
- Sightseeing - Sunrise and Sunset times
- Want to take photographs around this area? Find the sunrise and sunset times for the day you will be visiting:
- Reviews and photos of Ieper attractions and tips for Ieper sightseeing posted by travellers and locals.
- The Last Post Association
- Every evening since 1928, at precisely eight o'clock, the Last Post has been played under the Menin Gate Memorial in Ieper, Belgium. The traffic under the arch is stopped at this time.
- The Menin Gate Memorial is situated at the eastern side of the town on the road to Menin (Menen) and Courtrai (Kortrijk), and is only 100 metres from the town centre.
© 2013 Department of Veterans' Affairs and Board of Studies NSW :: Last update - February 2011